Also, the company launched new finishing options for the entire Xerox Nuvera line and enhancements to the Xerox Nuvera EA family.
"Last year, Xerox led the worldwide high-end black-and-white market with more than 70 percent of all production-class cut-sheet shipments, and is well positioned to sustain a leadership position by continuing to enhance its Nuvera portfolio," said Riley McNulty, research manager, IDC Production and Large Format Printing Service1.
Xerox Nuvera MX fleet offers cost-effective transactional printing
The Xerox Nuvera 200/288 MX Perfecting Production systems print at 200 and 288 images per minute, respectively, and deliver consistent, durable and secure transactional documents with high-caliber 4800 x 600 dpi image resolution. Xerox MICR technology enables reliable encoding for consistent scanning and reading by high-speed magnetic readers/sorters - required by the industry when processing printed negotiable documents.
Both systems use tandem architecture, meaning two print engines are designed and managed as one. A benefit of this design is "pass through programming" - this keeps the system running even if one of the engines needs service, providing maximum productivity and uptime.
Other features include:
- Cheque Production Integrity - an optional feature that automatically tracks the total number of cheques in a run and captures every printed MICR line to determine if a number in a cheque sequence is missing, duplicated or out of order. This helps protect against duplication and theft of printed cheques and diversion of blank cheque stock.
- Xerox MICR Cheque Guarantee - Xerox helps resolve any bank-reported MICR or reject rate problems.
- Xerox FreeFlow Print Server version 7.0 - the company's most powerful print server is now available on MICR systems; the server delivers expanded workflow capabilities and an easy-to-use interface that is common across all Nuvera systems.
- DS 3500 stacker - automatically rotates and/or stacks up to 3,500 sheets of paper in-line, eliminating a separate finishing transport module.
- CEM DocuCutt - receives oversized sheets of paper, trims them to a specified book size and then feeds the book pages in-line to the Bourg Book Factory, optimizing cost and paper use.
- Duplo - DBM 5001 in-line booklet maker - provides an affordable 30-sheet booklet maker configured to produce full-bleed booklets with optional trim kit - available for all Xerox Nuvera printers.
The Xerox Nuvera 200/288 MX Perfecting Production Systems are available Oct. 1 in North America and Nov. 1 worldwide.
The DS 3500 stacker and Duplo DBM 5001 are available Oct. 1 worldwide and the CEM DocuCutt is available Dec. 1 worldwide.
1 "IDC report: U.S. and Worldwide Monochrome Production Printer 2009-2013 Forecast and Analysis (doc# 218036)
For more information, please contact your local Xerox sales representative. For more information about Xerox production systems and services, visit http://www.xerox.com/tr/products or call 800-ASK-XEROX
Bill McKee, Xerox Corporation, +1-585-423-4476, email@example.com
Tina Quelch, Calador Communications, +1-416-925-6034, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: For more information on Xerox, visit http://www.xerox.ca or http://www.xerox.com/news. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views from events visit http://www.facebook.com/xeroxcorp, http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://twitter.com/xeroxevents, http://www.xerox.com/blogs or http://www.xerox.com/podcasts.
Xerox, Xerox Nuvera, FreeFlow and the sphere of connectivity design are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice.