“This multiple product launch demonstrates our ongoing commitment to the channel,” said Ajay Dhingra, vice president, Canadian Reseller Organization, Xerox Canada. “It’s the next step in our strategy to expand our overall product portfolio in order to cater to the needs of all our customers, but particularly small businesses. With these products we also intend to share our lead in the prospering office colour market with our agents and resellers, and continue striving to be a partner of choice for Canadian entrepreneurs nationally.”
- The Xerox Phaser 6360, with speeds of up to 42 ppm in colour and black and white, is the world’s fastest letter-size colour laser printer. Equipped with a 1GHz processor to handle multiple complex print jobs, it delivers the first-page-out in as fast as nine seconds. This model is built to be shared. Networking is standard on all configurations and a software tool allows administrators to identify who is using the printer and charge back printing costs to the appropriate departments. PrintingScout™ software notifies a user at the desktop if a print job fails. The Phaser 6360 comes with PhaserSMART – an online troubleshooting tool. It also supports CentreWare Web desktop management software, which allows IT administrators or office workers to remotely clone, configure and manage a fleet of systems. Pricing starts at $1,699.
- The Xerox Phaser 8560 colour printer features the consistent and vivid colours from Xerox’s patented solid ink technology. It’s cartridge free – meaning no mess and less waste. It prints up to 30 ppm with an industry-leading first-page-out time as fast as five seconds; meaning jobs are completed before other printers even begin. The Phaser 8560 starts at $949 and includes PrintingScout and PhaserSMART and supports CentreWare Web. This model is also available as a multifunction device.
- The Xerox Phaser 8560MFP adds copying, scanning and faxing features and can handle multiple functions simultaneously. For example, it can scan while printing or receiving an inbound fax, and a walk-up user can interrupt a print job to make a copy. An “auto colour copy” feature detects the original type and automatically chooses colour or monochrome to save money. The Phaser 8560MFP starts at $1,799.
- The Xerox Phaser 6115MFP, a $949 desktop system that prints, copies, scans and faxes, brings advanced features and high quality colour to small businesses. It prints up to five ppm colour and 20 ppm monochrome and offers 2,400 dpi print quality. It features Pantone colour approval and ID Card Copy, which makes it easy to copy both sides of a document such as an insurance card onto a single sheet of paper. The Phaser 6115MFP comes equipped with CentreWare Internet Services software, which allows people to remotely manage the device.
- The Xerox Phaser 6180 colour laser printer, starting at $549 with $50 rebate and with speeds up to 20 colour pages per minute and 26 ppm in black and white, gives small offices lots of features at an affordable price. With Xerox’s environmentally friendly Emulsion Aggregation High Gloss toner, invented at the Xerox Research Centre of Canada in Mississauga, it delivers vivid 600x600x4 dpi colour output, continuous tone, and Pantone-certified accurate colours. The Phaser 6180 is designed to be easy to install and easy to maintain and includes PrintingScout software.
- The FaxCentre 2121 is designed for small to medium businesses and workgroups with mid-volume faxing needs. Priced at $999, this model prints up to 21 ppm and can fax, in colour, over the Internet, from the device or from a PC. It also prints, copies and scans to e-mail or the desktop. A dual-line configuration is also available for $1,229.
- The FaxCentre 2218 prints at speeds up to 18 ppm. With the ability to handle twice as many jobs per month as the FaxCentre 2121, the FaxCentre 2218 is aimed at businesses with high-volume faxing needs. It comes standard with features such as PC fax and fax forwarding to fax – where all faxes are automatically sent to another fax device. Priced at $2,209 this system also includes convenience copying, printing and scanning.
To complement the wide array of printing solutions for the office, Xerox is offering the WNA-100 Wireless Network Adapter to connect Xerox printers and MFPs with wireless networks. With it, customers can use Xerox software management tools such as PrintingScout and PhaserSMART through the wireless network adapter. The WNA-100 is priced at $269.
Xerox also is launching a compact Integrated Office Finisher for the WorkCentre 7132 – a multifunction printer that prints and copies up to 32 ppm black and white and eight ppm colour. The optional office-quality finisher installs easily in the centre catch tray of the MFP and adds stapling and stacking without taking up additional floor space. The Integrated Office Finisher costs $1,195.
The three new Xerox printers, along with the Phaser 6115MFP, are available immediately. The Phaser 8560MFP is available immediately through direct sales, dealers, agents, resellers, by calling 1-866-480-3119. The FaxCentre 2121 will be available March 1; the FaxCentre 2218 is available immediately – both through all channels in Canada. The WNA-100 Wireless Network Adapter is available immediately in Canada, and people can buy the Integrated Office Finisher from February 14th through all sales channels.
- XXX -
For more information about Xerox digital printing technology and services, visit www.xerox.com/tr/office or call 800-ASK-XEROX.
Glyn Davies, Xerox Canada, 416-733-6216, email@example.com
Laura Mergelas, Environics Communications for Xerox Canada, 416-969-2711, firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE TO EDITORS: For more information on Xerox and for photography, visit www.media.xerox.ca. XEROX is a trademark of XEROX CORPORATION. Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance, and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice. All pricing is in Canadian dollars.