"Xerox has a long-standing commitment to sustainability and we know many of our customers do as well," said Valerie Blauvelt, vice president of marketing, Xerox Production Systems Group. "This year we are searching for applications that demonstrate the qualities of an environmentally-conscious print shop that follow sustainable business practices such as embracing print on demand, adopting energy-reducing workflow automation tools, and using more environmentally-efficient papers."
Xerox will begin accepting entries on May 29, opening day of drupa, the largest conference and exhibition for the print industry held every four years in Dsseldorf, Germany.
The PIXI award categories are:
- Books and Manuals - Short-run vanity titles, customized school books (including teacher's editions and custom courseware), product manuals, training materials, booklets, wire-bound presentations, annual reports and more. Entries can be black and white or color, or a combination of both.
- Collateral - Essential for brand management and consistent messaging, collateral materials are designed to promote a product or service, increase awareness and inform businesses. The collateral category can include a variety of finishing techniques, from flat, single sheets to folded, stitched multipage literature. It can take the form of brochures, calendars, postcards, sell sheets, wide-format posters, signage, business cards and catalogs, or any other form of product or promotional literature.
- Direct Marketing - Digitally printed direct marketing designed to target specific audiences, featuring personalized text or graphics. Includes materials such as postcards, self-mailers, multi-piece flat mailing packages, dimensional mailing packages (including posters in tubes), envelopes and labels, and cross-media programs (including printed elements and personal URLs), as well as personalized or print-on-demand fulfillment materials.
- New Business Application - Highlights lucrative new print applications that are seeing increased adoption in the industry. Digital printing has gone well beyond short runs and personalized pieces. Today's toners, media and finishing options enable an amazing array of new printed applications including: photo specialty products such as photo books, calendars, and greeting cards; packaging solutions that are ideal for short-runs, versions, or personalization; plus specialty imaging solutions for document security and fraud deterrence.
- Transactional Promotional - All types of customer account statements, especially communications that use unique customer information to provide recipients with more relevant promotional offers and customized information. Examples include: credit card statements with personalized offers, bank statements that cross-sell additional financial services, mutual fund statements or 401(k) reports that graphically depict investment mix and rate of return, telecommunications or utility statements that include retention-building information.
Keiger Printing Company took Best of Show honors at the 2007 Printing Innovation with Xerox Imaging Awards besting more than 500 entries from around the world. "Not only did we receive international recognition but our winning sample generated ideas for clients and increased the number of requests for innovative digital print jobs," said Louis Crockett, president of Keiger Printing Company.
Participation in the PIXI Awards is free and open to more than 70 countries worldwide. Submissions will be accepted through the Web site until Aug. 1, and must be produced using Xerox digital printing systems. The submission Web site is available in six languages. Winners will be announced during Graph Expo, a major commercial printing trade show, held Oct. 26-29, 2008 in Chicago. The 2008 PIXI Best of Show winner will have the opportunity to participate on the 2009 PIXI panel of judges.
For an online entry form, judging criteria, biographies of judges, a list of the eligible countries and information about past winners, visit http://www.xerox.com/pixi.
Neil Fagenbaum, Xerox Corporation, +1-585-422-4456, email@example.com
Laura Mergelas, Xerox Canada, 416-733-6216, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: See the full range of Xerox digital production technology and services in Hall 8b / A78, May 29 - June 11 at drupa 2008, Messe Dsseldorf, Germany. For more information about Xerox and the show visit http://www.xerox.com/news or http://www.xerox.com/drupa. For open commentary and industry perspectives visit http://www.xerox.com/blogs or http://www.xerox.com/podcasts.
Xerox, the Xerox wordmark and the spherical connection symbol are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.