New productivity features for the Xerox Nuvera EA line of digital black-and-white production systems include integration with FreeFlow Print Server version 7, the company's most powerful print server. In addition, new in-line finishing options tape bind, stitch, fold, trim, cut and stack high-quality documents with minimal operator involvement.
"Imagine a printing process that is 'lights out,'" said Quincy Allen, president, Xerox Production Systems Group. "That means the entire printing process from job submission through finishing is completely automated - increasing the profitability of every job that comes through the shop. And when about 85 percent of all digital pages are still printed in black and white, that additional productivity adds up to real dollars for printers."
FreeFlow Print Server version 7 builds on the success of Xerox's FreeFlow DocuSP platform, used in more than 40,000 in-plant facilities and graphic communications companies worldwide. FreeFlow Print Server version 7 supports the Xerox Nuvera 288 EA Perfecting Production System and the Xerox Nuvera 100/120/144 EA Production Systems and offers:
- A graphically rich user interface allowing operators to handle most jobs with minimal training.
- Expanded workflow capabilities that make it easy to submit jobs.
- New security features and support for IPv6, Internet infrastructure government standards.
- Xerox Tape Binder easily produces bound books and manuals from 15-125 sheets.
- Xerox Basic Finishing Module Direct Connect is a stapling and stacking system that provides a direct interface to some third-party finishing devices.
- C.P. Bourg PowerSquare ™ Booklet Maker combines stitching, folding, spine formatting and trimming to produce SquareBack™ books of up to 200 pages.
- Lasermax Roll Systems DocuSheeter™ NV-R unwinder enhances roll-fed workflows by directing 50" diameter rolls into a module that cuts single sheets, which are rotated and fed on demand into a Xerox Nuvera EA Production System. The sheet rotation feature is ideal for applications such as perfect-bound, case-bound and saddle-stitched documents.
Unique Options for Xerox Nuvera 288 EA Perfecting Production System
The latest enhancements for the Xerox Nuvera 288 EA Perfecting Production System are debuting at Graph Expo, the printing industry's largest annual exhibition in North America, Oct. 26-29 in Chicago. Enhancements to the industry's fastest digital duplex monochrome cut-sheet printer are:
- CEM DocuConverter™ cuts, slits and stacks oversized printed sheets with multiple images to deliver complete document sets on a convenient conveyor, ready for offline or near-line finishing.
- A high-capacity sheet-fed module that expands the media range to accommodate paper sizes up to 12.6" x 19.3" that are ideal for producing 4-up book blocks that can be trimmed to 6" x 9" finished book applications.
The Xerox Nuvera EA line of finishing enhancements is immediately available worldwide through Xerox direct sales representatives. The FreeFlow Print Server version 7 comes standard with all Xerox Nuvera EA configurations.
For more information about Xerox products and services, visit http://www.xerox.com/tr/products or call 800-ASK-XEROX.
Laura Mergelas, Xerox Canada, (416) 733-6216, email@example.comTina Quelch, Calador Communications, (416) 925-6034, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: See the full range of Xerox digital production technology and services in Xerox's booth No. 1219, Oct. 26-29, at Graph Expo 2008, McCormick Place South, Chicago. For more information on Xerox, visit http://www.xerox.com or http://www.xerox.com/news. For open commentary and industry perspectives, visit http://www.xerox.com/blogs or http://www.xerox.com/podcasts.
Xerox, FreeFlow, Accxes, the Xerox wordmark and the spherical connection symbol, and are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.