"Many photo retailers and labs are just beginning to use digital printing. This collection helps them build on their photo expertise and expand their business to produce a wide range of new revenue-generating personalized applications such as photo books, calendars and greeting cards," said Quincy Allen, president, Xerox's Production Systems Group. "For those entering this lucrative photo specialty market, this kit will give them the tools they need to start, promote and grow their business."
Xerox's Picture Me Profitable Kit, developed based on feedback from customers and industry leaders, includes:
- A white paper that gives an overview of the photo specialty market.
- A guide to writing a marketing plan that includes tips and worksheets to allow a company to enter and build a profitable photo specialty business, including an example from Xerox customer MyPicTales.
- Templates to help create applications such as greeting cards, postcards and other photo specialty products.
- A sample book filled with 50 pages of digitally-printed applications and samples of Xerox’s specialty media. This book helps photo retailers showcase the types of jobs they can create for their customers, such as greeting cards, personalized calendars and photo books, as well as business applications like invitations, menus and business cards.
- A reference book to help photo retailers find answers to questions about digital book printing, finishing, workflow and what paper should be used for specific jobs.
- A CD that contains industry articles and research reports. Included is an executive summary about the photo merchandise market from leading independent research firm InfoTrends, as well as a sampling of articles from top photography and printing publications.
Pricing and availability
Xerox’s Picture Me Profitable Kit will be available worldwide March 1 to new and existing Xerox customers through Xerox sales representatives. It will also be available through authorized Xerox resellers Fujifilm Imaging Systems and FujiFilm Graphics Systems.
For more information about Xerox’s ProfitAccelerator Digital Business Resources, contact your Xerox sales representative or visit www.xerox.com/driveprofit.
Laura Mergelas, Xerox Canada, 416-733-6216, email@example.com
Tina Quelch, Calador Communications, 416-925-6034, firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: See the full range of Xerox digital production technology and services at Booth No. A101, Jan. 31 – Feb. 2 at PMA 2008, Las Vegas Convention Center or visit www.xerox.com/PMA08. For more information on Xerox, visit www.xerox.com or www.xerox.com/news. For open commentary and industry perspectives, visit www.xerox.com/blogs or www.xerox.com/podcasts.
Xerox, ProfitAccelerator, the Xerox wordmark and the spherical connection symbol are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. DocuColor is used under license. Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice.