Judged by experts representing key segments of the graphic communications industry, the entries will be evaluated on overall aesthetics, business effectiveness, use of Xerox digital technology and degree of innovation. The contest will also recognize the team of creative professionals, commercial printers and their clients that work together to bring these digitally printed high-value, business-generating applications to the marketplace.
In its fifth year of the contest, Xerox is seeking entries in four categories:
- Variable Print/One-to-one Marketing Communications — Targeted and data-driven printed materials produced from variable text and graphics, such as direct-mail marketing, promotional materials, customized brochures, and coupons designed and personalized for specific audiences.
- Digital Books and Manuals — Any multiple-page finished document, such as fiction books, photography books, textbooks and manuals.
- Short-Run Digital Colour — High-quality colour materials that have been produced in low-quantity with digital printing, including jobs where offset colour printing is not as cost-effective as digital printing. Items include point-of-purchase materials, posters, product brochures and marketing material.
- Monochrome and Highlight Colour — Any high-volume transactional print job printed in black-and-white or black and one colour, such as statements, bills, training manuals, product documentation, newsletters and fliers.
More than $35,000 in travel certificates will be awarded as prizes (all figures in US dollars):
- Best of Show: $10,000 travel certificate for winning entrant; $2,500 travel certificate for each contributing team member.
- First place winner in each category: $3,000 travel certificate for winning entrant; $1,000 travel certificate for each contributing team member.
- Second and third place winners in each category: plaque for entrant and contributing team members.
- Supplies Prize: $1,000 travel certificate for most innovative use of Xerox digital paper and media.
For an online entry form, judging criteria, judge biographies, and information on past winners and applications, visit www.xerox.com/pixi.
Cynthia Hamann, Xerox Corporation, 585-422-6190, firstname.lastname@example.org
Glyn Davies, Xerox Canada, 416-733-6216, Glyn.Davies@xerox.com.
Michael Minielly, Environics Communications for Xerox Canada, 416-969-2748, email@example.com
NOTE TO EDITORS: For more information on Xerox and for product photography, visit media.xerox.ca.
ANY TRADEMARK INFO are trademarks of XEROX CORPORATION.