Tailored to meet various business requirements, the new products range from the Xerox Phaser 7500 colour printer - printing up to 35 colour pages per minute (ppm), to the Xerox WorkCentre 6400 colour MFPthat prints, copies, scans and faxes. The Xerox WorkCentre 7400 colour MFP series offers additional features such as an EFI Fiery Network Server, advanced paper handling and finishing capabilities for booklet making and hole-punching.
The products build on a heritage in colour printing that has consistently earned top marks from customers. For the second straight year, Xerox products were rated "best" overall when compared to competitors such as Canon, Hewlett-Packard and Ricoh in the 2008 Industry Analysts Inc.'s annual Colour End-User Survey.
"Colour by Words," (available in US English version only) a breakthrough innovationfeature of the Phaser 7500, is a colour-matching technology that answers the customers' need for colour accuracy. Users can select from a unique menu of words, such as "red apple," "blue sky" or "green grass," to fine tune the colours they want. With Colour by Words, everyone from a graphic designer to the part-time PowerPoint warrior can get the right colour and vibrant prints the first time.
"We've been hard at work bringing our advanced MFP and printer technologies to our entire product line, delivering increased productivity to workgroups of all sizes," said Al Varney, vice president of Marketing, Xerox Canada Ltd,. "These new desktop products now have the same security features and workflow ease of use as our console machines."
Phaser 7500 colour laser printer
- Small and mid-sized workgroups can now attain professional-quality features like Adobe PostScript 3™, PANTONE-approved colour tables and 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution; "Color by Words" (available in US English version only) starting at $3,799.
- Paper capacity-up to 2,100 sheets-means fewer interruptions during big print jobs; support for up to 13"x18" paper and heavy media for full-bleed prints is ideal for posters, brochures and business cards.
WorkCentre 6400 colour multifunction printer
- Quick faxing, scanning, printing and copying functionality, 32 ppm colour and 37 ppm black-and-white print speeds; starting at $4,599.
- Fast retrieval of documents with scan to e-mail and network, as well as Internet and server faxing.
- "Print Around feature makes sure if one job is held up due to lack of resources, like a specific paper size, other jobs will continue to print.
- Vendors and developers can create customized applications on Xerox's firstExtensible Interface Platform™ (EIP -enabled desktop device. EIP is a software platform that uses Web-based tools to tailor the user screen and create specific workflows. For example, EIP can allow users to scan information directly to a client folder without specifying the client name.
WorkCentre 7400 colour multifunction series (WorkCentre 7425/7428/7435)
- Prints, copies, scans and faxes in one device with speeds up to 35 ppm in colour and black-and-white. Creates text-searchable XPS and PDF files to easily find and search scanned documents.
- Uses Xerox's Emulsion Aggregate High Gloss (EA-HG) toner, which produces smaller, more consistent toner particles that allow for sharper 1200 x 2400 dpi image quality.
- Consumes less than 2 watts of power at sleep mode and are the first MFPs of their type to incorporate biomass plastic, which produces 16 percent fewer CO2 emissions during manufacturing.
- Includes Auditron and Xerox Standard Accounting, which regulate and track colour usage, giving users the ability to manage costs by choosing when, where and how much colour they need.
- Packs the powerful capabilities of an enterprise-level black-and-white MFP into a compact design to save money and valuable office space; Starting at $3,099.
- Increase efficiency and security with network authentication, hard disk overwrite and fax forward to e-mail.
- Advanced multifunction capabilities include secure 45 ppm network printing and copying, and colour scanning and faxing.
All of the devices are ENERGY STAR® qualified and part of Xerox's Green World Alliance. The Xerox Green World Alliance is a worldwide initiative to encourage customers large and small to recycle or dispose of supplies in a manner that minimizes impact to the environment.
The Phaser 7500, WorkCentre 4250 and WorkCentre 6400 are available immediately in North America through Xerox direct sales, agents and resellers, by calling 1-866-480-3119 or at http://www.xerox.com/direct. The WorkCentre 7400 series is available immediately through Xerox direct sales and agents.
Xerox Corporation is the world's leading document management, technology and services enterprise, providing the industry's broadest portfolio of colour and black-and-white document processing systems and related LNK_CAN_NR_Supplies, as well as LNK_CAN_NR_Documents and LNK_CAN_NR_Outsourcing
Bill McKee, Xerox Public Relations, 585-423-4476, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tina Quelch,Calador Communications, 416-925-6034, email@example.com
Note: For more information on Xerox, visit http://www.xerox.com or http://www.xerox.com/news. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views from events visit http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://twitter.com/xeroxevents, http://www.xerox.com/blogs or http://www.xerox.com/podcasts.
Xerox, and the sphere of connectivity design are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the Canada and other countries.
Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice.