Revenue-producing successes with the Xerox 700 include:
- Commercial print provider generates new business - Coast Litho (C.L. Printing, Inc.), based in Oakland, Calif., produces short-run proofs for graphic designers, variable data postcards, full-colour restaurant menus and custom artist exhibit brochures. The Xerox 700 has brought in new customers and driven digital revenue from previous offset-only customers.
- Photo print shop jumps into digital printing - photo specialty products are the fastest growing application for Harold's Photo Centers, Inc., a retail chain with eight locations in South Dakota and Iowa. They produce about 500,000 greeting cards annually, including 100,000 graduation cards in 2008.
"When film processing began to decline, we jumped into digital printing with both feet - and the Xerox 700 is making it work for us," said Bob Hanson, president, Harold's Photo Centers, Inc.
- Printer produces direct mail pieces with double-digit response rates - Ink Well Cleveland produced full-colour, variable data marketing pieces for a local pizza shop, including appetizing photos and a coupon. The piece generated a 13 percent response rate and six other pizza franchises have signed up for similar direct mail campaigns, bringing in new business for Ink Well Cleveland.
- Marketing and technology agency to generate high-end marketing collateral - U.K.-based Magnet Harlequin selected the Xerox 700 to provide it's globally recognized, brand name clients fast turnaround, high image quality and spot colour accuracy. The press will be used to create high-end marketing collateral and documents, many of which will be personalized.
- Textbook publisher drives down overhead - Croatia-based Dvogled d.o.o. produces customized teachers' packs with transparencies quickly, cost effectively and in the exact quantity required. One job for 60,000 transparencies was turned around in four days. When produced on offset, there were significant costs for set-up, warehousing, and replacing outdated materials, resulting in a much higher cost per packs.
Tributes from the printing industry for the Xerox 700 include:
- Three Gold Ink Awards
- "Must See 'ems Encore" award in advance of Print 09
- "Editor's Choice" award in Better Buys for Business' 2009 High-Volume Printer & Digital Duplicator Guide
- DIMA "Digital Shoot Out Award"
- PMA "Innovation Award"
- "Must See 'ems" award at Graph Expo 2008
The ENERGY STAR compliant device is designed to use less energy; allowing print providers to save on utility bills and help protect the environment.
For more information, please contact your local Xerox sales representative. For more information about Xerox production systems and services, visit http://www.xerox.com/tr/products or call 800-ASK-XEROX
Bill McKee, Xerox Corporation, +1-585-423-4476, email@example.com
Tina Quelch, Calador Communications, +1-416-925-6034, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: For more information on Xerox, visit http://www.xerox.ca or http://www.xerox.com/news. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views from events visit http://www.facebook.com/xeroxcorp, http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://twitter.com/xeroxevents, http://www.xerox.com/blogs or http://www.xerox.com/podcasts.
Xerox and the sphere of connectivity design are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice.