NORWALK, Conn., Sept. 23, 2014 – With automation top-of-mind for print service providers, Xerox is dedicating its booth at Graph Expo to show how simplifying operations can lead to profitable growth.
Xerox’s Graph Expo booth theme, Let’s Automate and Simplify, comes alive with the latest release of FreeFlow Core and other workflow solutions that eliminate costly touch points from the print process, while meeting or exceeding quality and production targets.
FreeFlow Core 4.0 easily and quickly constructs workflows that intelligently automate file preparation. Building on its successful launch last year, the enhanced browser-based software solution takes the guesswork out of print and electronic file production with two new optional modules:
- Output Management Module logically groups and routes jobs through the print shop. The software aggregates similar jobs based on a customer’s criteria, builds personalized release triggers and functions automatically.
- Variable Data Printing Module easily converts jobs to PDFs and improves workflow productivity associated with complex, customized print jobs.
FreeFlow Core improves efficiency for integrated communications provider
Looking to eliminate manual steps required to prepare and process customized job orders generated online, Henry Wurst, Inc., turned to FreeFlow Core. Customers’ requests for personalized, short-run jobs are now managed easily, and include the automated selection of the proper imposition and specifications, printing device, stock and quantity, as well as tracking information.
According to Tim Wurst, Marketing director, Henry Wurst Inc., FreeFlow Core also served as a catalyst for improvement throughout their print operations. “Before FreeFlow Core, our efficiency rating was around 50 percent; today, it’s at 100 percent.”
More ways to automate and simplify
- Xerox IntegratedPLUS Finishing Solution combines hardware, software and professional services to create end-to-end inline or offline finishing workflows with maximum automation. New to this solution is an offline perfect-bound workflow, which features the C.P. Bourg 3002 Series of Perfect Binders for speedy and cost effective book production.
- IntegratedPLUS Automated Color Management vastly simplifies the monitoring and management of an entire fleet by combining the iGen inline
- spectrophotometers, new remote color management DFE software and cloud-based partner color management applications. A centralized color expert can track press status and administer profiles and spot color recipes for increased predictability, accuracy and efficiency at lower costs.
- Thick Stock Capability for the iGen4 Press allows the press to feed, image and stack media up to 24 points, which is especially useful for variable data or short-run packaging and signage applications.
- Xerox MatchAssure features color matching across the Xerox portfolio. Expanded features include enhanced RGB GUI selections, which adjust color output based on customers’ preferences and a new color data monitoring feature.
Xerox FreeFlow Core 4.0 and other workflow solutions will be on display in Xerox’s booth No.1213 at GRAPH EXPO, Sept. 28 – Oct. 1 in Chicago.
Availability and Pricing
FreeFlow Core 4.0 is available worldwide immediately starting at $2,638 in Canada.