TORONTO, ON, January 28, 2013 – When business communications provider Request Office Services Inc. recently installed two Xerox iGen4® EXP Digital Presses, it transitioned 30 percent of its print jobs from offset to digital, increasing productivity by 40 percent and, as a result, revenue grew by 110 percent.
The change in technology has helped transform this Toronto-based business, which began as a mail and print outsourcer, to a comprehensive business communications provider. Request Office Services today services the majority of print clients in-house, using a fully equipped production facility that includes Xerox’s Nuvera 120, Nuvera 288 and the two iGen 4 EXP presses. Client offerings now include multi-media campaigns and Web-to-Print services.
“As our Xerox fleet gradually expanded, the number of print jobs requiring outsourcing decreased,” said Mike Orviss, Senior Partner, Request Office Services Inc. “We’ve also seen huge improvements in consistency and speed. With the iGen 4, I’m confident that the first and last page are going to look the same.”
Orviss estimates the company is able to get most jobs done in a 24 hour turnaround time because it is producing at twice the speed it was before.
Working with Xerox Canada, Request Office Services Inc. employed several Xerox tools to further the transition from offset to digital:
- Xerox Color Management Training, to ensure accurate and repeatable color with every print job.
- Xerox ProfitAccelerator®, a set of digital printing marketing tools and programs designed to maximize digital printing equipment investment.
Features of the Xerox iGen4 EXP Digital Press include:
- An automated Web-to-Finish solution provides a touchless workflow, from web-based ordering to prepress to printing to finishing with no manual setup or intervention
- A 26-inch (660 mm) sheet kit which expands the applications printers can offer clients and the profits they can earn
- More print jobs per sheet – up to 12 postcards or 48 business cards per 26 inch sheet (full bleed)
- More print jobs per shift – large sheet productivity technology delivers 40 26-inch sheets per minute or 60 11”x17" sheets per minute, the equivalent of 120 A4 pages per minute (ppm)
- An Adobe PDF print engine which boosts productivity by ensuring PDFs are accurately processed on the first pass
- Matte dry ink which expands the power of iGen4 EXP to produce a smooth matte look and feel for photo printing