TORONTO, ON., JAN 21, 2013 – When the largest independent print provider in Western Canada expanded its fleet of digital presses from two Xerox™ Color 800 Presses to four, its business grew exponentially, its output level jumped to 100 percent and its turnaround time improved by 50 percent across all of its plants in British Columbia and Alberta.
“The purchase of our first two colour presses in 2010 was the beginning of our transformation as a leader in digital colour printing, and our recent investment in two more presses has increased our value proposition and solidified our position in this market,” said Alfie Karmal, President and Chief Executive Officer, Westkey Graphics. “Xerox helped us level the playing field in digital print production with improved quality, elimination of colour degradation and better turnaround times.”
Additionally, assessments conducted at each Westkey location showed the colour presses were a significant contributor to the company’s growth strategy and continued success in the digital colour market, he said.
With four locations across Western Canada, Westkey Graphics recently acquired Menzies Printers, an established print provider in this region. With the installation of the digital colour press, a large percentage of print jobs were able to be moved from offset to digital, delivering customers exceptional value for their money without compromising on quality.
Westkey Graphics is also the first print provider to acquire and operate a colour press in the Okanagan region of British Columbia where thousands of customers can now benefit from high-end, polished colour documents, produced in the most cost effective manner, without compromise.
The Color 800 Press delivers sharp, rich, digitally mastered image quality and clear dry ink station adds impact to documents – running at rated speed. Features include:
- Optional fifth dry ink station for clear dry ink amplifies full-colour jobs, by allowing images and text to be highlighted for visual impact. Digital watermarks also can be applied for artistic effect or for security purposes at full rated speed
- Sheet sizes range from 7.2” x 7.2” (182 mm x 182 mm) up to 13” x 19.2” (330 mm x 488 mm) and weights from 55 gsm to 350 gsm (15 lb. bond to 130 lb. cover), coated and uncoated
- High resolution imaging with state-of-the-art VCSEL technology provides outstanding 2400 x 2400 dpi resolution and digital halftone screens
- Center registered paper alignment features precise +/- 0.5 mm front to back registration; electronic controls and sensors automatically adjust for paper size
- Xerox Productivity Plus (XPP) lets print providers perform routine maintenance tasks on their schedule, optimizing available press time