TORONTO, ON, June 17, 2013 – For Innovative Design & Print Inc., the journey from start-up to a leading graphic communications company took creativity, dedication and a little help from Xerox. Recently, the full-suite design and print shop has seen its productivity double and customer satisfaction increase after installing workflow solutions and the Xerox® Colour 800 Press.
Innovative Design & Print, Inc. owner Calvin Frey began offering photography, design and print services in the greater Kitchener-Waterloo region of Ontario in 2008. Two years later, he joined forces with several freelance designers, followed by the acquisition of GET Printing, which led to significant customer growth and increasingly difficult applications to produce. Already a customer, Frey turned to Xerox and its Colour 800 Press to help meet the growing demand.
“Xerox has been part of our evolution since the beginning,” said Frey. “We grew our customer base overnight, and without the colour press we would not have been able to handle the current volume, while providing consistent quality to our customers. The technology not only allows us to infuse our documents with vivid colour but also saves us time and money with fast print speeds and the ability to take on more advanced jobs.”
Producing jobs at twice the speed, Frey estimates the company is 100 percent more productive with the Colour 800 Press and two complementary Xerox workflow solutions that:
- Helped create a Web order portal for customers. Through business innovation partner Prisme Technologies, a web order portal was created to allow customers to seamlessly customize photo products. Prisme Technologies is part of the Xerox Cloud Consortium, a group dedicated to offering state-of-the-art cloud solutions and services in prepress, variable data publishing, web-to-print, job management, automation, mobility, and document scanning.
- Improved workflow through EFI’s PrintSmith, a flexible, feature-rich business management software for estimating, point-of-sale, account management, production management, receivables and sales analysis.
The Xerox Color 800 Press delivers sharp, rich, digitally mastered image quality and clear dry ink stations add impact to documents – running at rated speed. Features include:
- An optional fifth dry ink station – for clear dry ink – to amplify full-colour jobs by allowing images and text to be highlighted for visual impact. Digital watermarks can also be applied for artistic effect or for security purposes at full rated speed.
- Full Width Array technology to provide industry benchmark productivity with advanced image quality adjustments such as image on media alignment, auto press tone correction and automated inboard/outboard density.
- High resolution imaging with state-of-the-art VCSEL technology to provide outstanding 2400 x 2400 dpi resolution and digital halftone screens.
- Center registered paper alignment featuring precise +/- 0.5 mm front to back registration; electronic controls and sensors automatically adjust for paper size
- Xerox Productivity Plus (XPP) that allows print providers to perform routine maintenance tasks on their own schedule, optimizing available press time.