PLEASANTON, Calif., Aug. 15, 2014 – Xerox (NYSE: XRX) today announced that the Xerox DocuMate® 4830 workgroup scanner now includes updated hardware to increase black & white scanning speeds by 67 percent, from 30 to 50 pages per minute. Scan speed in duplex mode is 100 images per minute. The scanner has both an A3-sized flatbed for larger documents and a 75-page automatic document feeder through which long documents (up to 118 inches in length) can be scanned.
“Businesses in the healthcare, transportation and industrial manufacturing markets, as well as law offices, courts and government organizations that manage substantial quantities of paper will appreciate the functionality, speed and low cost of this scanner,” said John Capurso, president and CEO at Visioneer, a Xerox licensing partner.
Designed for fast-paced office environments
The DocuMate 4830 makes it easy to scan batches of large and different-sized documents while delivering the automation and dependability needed for critical scanning applications. It was designed for users who require a flatbed and automatic document feeder for larger documents, but don’t have the throughput needs to justify a pricier model with production level speeds that a service bureau might use.
- Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection to minimize rescans and catch double-feeds;
- Intelligent Image Correction dramatically reduces document preparation time through many efficient enhancing features;
- Daily Duty Cycle of 3,000 pages a day to handle volume needs;
- Certified TWAIN, ISIS and WIA drivers to enable communication with hundreds of enterprise content management (ECM) and document image management (DIM) software solutions;
- Visioneer Acuity to provide advanced image enhancement;
- Visioneer DriverPLUS to enable sophisticated integration with your document capture and workflows;
- Nuance PaperPort®, OmniPage® Pro and PDF Converter Pro.
Pricing and Availability
The Xerox DocuMate 4830 remains priced at $2,749, and is available through online channel partners, VARs and major resellers.