TORONTO, ON, Oct. 20, 2010 – Two new solid ink colour printers from Xerox Canada – the first desktop products under the ColorQube® brand – make colour printing even more affordable for businesses of all sizes. The Xerox ColorQube 8570 and ColorQube 8870 solid ink colour printers’ cartridge-free ink produces high-quality colour prints and generates 90 percent less waste than comparable colour laser printers.
With print speeds as fast as 40 pages per minute in both colour and black and white, the printers are ideal for offices that depend on colour for business proposals, reports and fliers, as well as everyday documents such as e-mail and spreadsheets.
Flexible pricing and affordable colour
There are two affordable ways to unlock the benefits of solid ink colour printing:
- The ColorQube 8570 Canadian pricing starts at $749 and is ideal for small businesses that need a simple, affordable way to make an impact with high-quality colour.
- Priced at $2,899 in Canada, the ColorQube 8870 features a lower total cost of ownership with pricing plans that significantly reduce colour page costs. Customers who print high volumes pay only for the amount of colour they use on a given page.
Exceptional colour print quality
The ColorQube solid ink printers produce consistent colour prints, regardless of media type, with features including:
- Colour by Words, a colour-editing tool that allows for accurate and vibrant colours on the first print.
- Crisp text and sharp colour images with Adobe Postscript3 and PANTONE® colour-approved simulations.
- High-quality colour prints with advanced colour matching capabilities and 2400 FinePoint™ image quality.
Environmentally responsible printing
Green benefits of the ENERGY STAR® qualified ColorQube 8570 and ColorQube 8870 include:
- Earth Smart print driver defaults for two-sided printing, proof print, recycled paper and draft mode.
- Intelligent Ready feature that learns usage patterns and moves to low-power mode when the printer is least likely to be in use.
- GreenPrint software that automatically highlights unnecessary pages such as those with only banner ads or logos, prior to printing.
A study1 found that the ColorQube 8870 uses 30 percent less lifecycle energy and has a carbon footprint that is up to 30 percent smaller than comparable desktop colour laser printers.
The ColorQube 8570 and ColorQube 8870 solid ink colour printers are available immediately in North America and Europe through Xerox direct sales, agents, resellers and dealers, and concessionaires, by calling 1-866-480-3119 or at http://www.xerox.com/direct. Consult local Xerox representatives for availability and pricing. The printers are backed by the Xerox Total Satisfaction Guarantee.
For four consecutive years Xerox has been recognized by J.D. Power and Associates for providing “An Outstanding Customer Service Experience” in Technology Service and Support.
1Xerox Corporation’s full Life Cycle Analysis was peer reviewed to ensure it adhered to ISO standards by Scott Matthews and Deanna Matthews of Avenue C Advisors LLC. They are professors of engineering at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), but their review does not represent an official review by CMU.
Customer Contact Info
For more information on Xerox office products and services, visit http://www.xerox.com/tr/office or call 800-ASK-XEROX.
Note: For more information on Xerox, visit http://www.xerox.com or http://news.xerox.com. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views from events visit http://www.facebook.com/xeroxcorp, http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://twitter.com/xeroxevents, http://twitter.com/xeroxoffice, http://twitter.com/xeroxproduction, http://twitter.com/servicesatxerox, http://www.xerox.com/blogs or http://www.xerox.com/podcasts.
Xerox®, ColorQube® and the sphere of connectivity design are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice.