PLEASANTON, Calif., Jan. 4, 2013 – According to research quoted by AIIM®, 7.5 percent of all office documents are lost and 3.5 percent of the remaining documents are misfiled. In paper-laden professions, such as healthcare or real estate, that adds up to thousands of misplaced papers and hours of wasted time.
- Handling mixed paper sizes. One scanner takes care of everything from hard plastic cards and small receipts to mail and long forms.
- Fitting on any desk. Placing a scanner in a location where documents typically enter a business simplifies the paperwork stream.
- Reducing the need for multiple devices. A one-stop-shop approach to scanning saves energy, maintenance and improves organization.
The new 45 ppm/90 ipm Xerox DocuMate 5445 and 60 ppm/120 ipm Xerox DocuMate 5460 deliver exceptional imaging results with advanced paper handling, making them ideal for small and medium-sized office settings including reception areas at healthcare facilities, banks or real estate offices.
“If you work at a busy bank or real estate office, pushing paper around can literally keep you away from your customer,” said John Capurso, president and chief operating officer at Visioneer®, a Xerox licensing partner. “Installing a scanner at the location where paper files are received is the best insurance against lost documents.”
Next Generation DocuMate Scanners
The Xerox DocuMate 5445 and 5460 are both conveniently small enough to fit on any desk; weighing only 8.8 lbs. and measuring 12.5" wide x 8.2" deep x 7.7" high (9.3" when equipped with paper feed tray). The scanners also offer ultrasonic double-feed detection and “dog-ear” detection, which stops scanning when an image is obstructed due to a folded corner or extreme skewing. This feature can be temporarily bypassed to allow scanning of documents—such as envelopes—that would otherwise trigger errors.
Other advanced features include:
- Multi-part forms scan easily by lifting the manual feed selector.
- Mixed paper and hard card batch scanning (up to three cards) via a mixed batch card guide that snaps into the ADF.
- Both scanners automatically lower output speeds for short documents (5.82" or less) and exit guides prevent fly-away paper at the exit tray.
- The 75-sheet document feeder handles paper sizes from 1.9" x 2.8" to 8.5" x 100", and weights from 5.4 to 55 lbs.
Visioneer OneTouch® technology connects the button control panel and LCD screen on the front of the scanner with tools that greatly improve the efficiency of your workflow. Allowing your documents to be scanned with the correct settings for resolution, color, cropping, file format and then delivered to virtually any application, folder, device or the cloud all at the touch of a button.
In addition to its impressive hardware performance and feature set, the DocuMate 5445 and 5460 ship with the following software bundle:
- Certified TWAIN™, ISIS® and WIA drivers to enable communication with hundreds of enterprise content management (ECM) and document image management (DIM) software solutions,
- Visioneer Acuity to provide advanced image enhancement,
- Visioneer DriverPLUS to enable sophisticated integration with your document capture and workflows,
- Nuance® PaperPort®, OmniPage® Pro and PDF Converter Pro.
Pricing and Availability
The 45 ppm Xerox DocuMate 5445 document scanner is priced at $1,295; the 60 ppm Xerox DocuMate 5460 is priced at $1,749. Both are available through online channel partners, VARs and major resellers.