ROCHESTER, N.Y., Sept. 3, 2013 – With highlights that include product debuts, an inkjet system install and industry accolades, Xerox will show PRINT 13 attendees why it’s the right production inkjet partner for a market that is expected to grow 21 percent annually through 2015.
“Inkjet continues to overcome barriers and make advancements in image quality, media latitude and acquisition price,” said Marco Boer, vice president, IT Strategies, Inc. “Xerox’s portfolio of Xerographic production presses and inkjet systems give print service providers a great deal of flexibility when selecting equipment and pursuing application opportunities.”
Industry’s largest range of inkjet technology
Xerox’s full portfolio of both aqueous and waterless inkjet technologies will be on display at PRINT 13. With the acquisition of Impika, A Xerox Company, Xerox has strengthened its leadership in digital color production printing with the industry’s most scalable and flexible solutions. In addition, Impika’s upgradeable options let printers customize their iPrint devices, selecting the colors, speed and resolution choices to fit specific production requirements.
More than half of Xerox’s booth is dedicated to production inkjet technology which will include:
- Impika iPrint Compact – a single-engine, duplexing production inkjet system with a small footprint designed for transactional, transpromo and direct-mail applications. Customers can use either inkjet-treated papers with the system’s dye inks or plain paper with a new generation High Density ink with minimal spread.
- Xerox CiPress™ 500 Single Engine Duplex (SED) Production Inkjet System – using waterless solid inks, the CiPress SED prints duplex jobs in a single frame at 500 or 325 feet per minute.
Multiple ink optimization modes let printers increase or decrease the amount of ink needed for each application. Ink adjustments are made at the printer so the original job stays intact and moves quickly through the production process.
- Impika iEngine 1000 – intended for commercial and industrial printing applications, the iEngine 1000 is a standalone print head and ink delivery system that can be mounted on many different production devices such as offset presses, inserters and envelope systems.
The device prints at 600 x 600 dpi resolution with speeds of up to 150 meters per minute (m/min) in color and 300 m/min in black and white. The iEngine 1000 will also be on display in two additional booths – Document Data Solutions and Winkler & Dunnebier.
DataMail installs CiPress 500 SED
The most recent CiPress install is underway at Michigan-based transactional print provider DataMail. Primarily serving automotive clients, DataMail chose the CiPress 500 SED for its superior ink and color management to precisely match specific automobile colors.
- Xerox CiPress 325 Production Inkjet System ranked by R&D Magazine as one of 2013’s top 100 R&D technologies;
- Impika iPrint Compact selected as Best Production Web Fed Printer by the European Digital Press Association;
- Impika iPrint Compact 24-24 received MUST SEE ‘EMS recognition for Pressroom/Digital Presses.