ROCHESTER, N.Y., Sept. 4, 2013 – With 60 percent of print service providers reporting automation a key priority, Xerox’s PRINT 13 booth – nicknamed Workflow Central – offers attendees a 360 degree perspective of the values, strengths and benefits of automation.
“The key to sustained growth is the advanced automation of production processes,” said Jeff Jacobson, president, Global Graphic Communications Operations, Xerox. “To fuel that growth, we have bolstered our industry leadership at PRINT 13 by showing how it all just works – with workflow solutions that reduce production steps, add value to print jobs and lower overall costs.”
Xerox solidifies commitment to workflow with new platform
Building on its strong legacy of workflow solutions, Xerox will introduce a new platform that serves customers’ current and future automation needs – Xerox FreeFlow® Core. As the name implies, FreeFlow Core is the nucleus workflow tool for any customer environment – from small independent print shops to large multi-national production companies.
Built on web-based architecture, FreeFlow Core is modular and scalable, offering the flexibility and capability to easily produce complex applications through an intuitive Graphical User Interface that connects simply to existing systems.
To quickly leverage automation benefits in growth areas, FreeFlow Core can:
- Drive web-to-print – with XMPie® StoreFlow™, an all-inclusive web-to-print solution, users can create and manage online stores and marketing portals and cost-effectively scale their business through the Internet.
- Automate finishing – with the Xerox IntegratredPLUS Finishing Solution, applications including perfect bound books, saddle-stitched booklets, catalogs and greeting cards can be produced fast and efficiently with automated end-to-end integration of pre-press, printing, and finishing operations.
- Extend digital publishing – with the new FreeFlow Digital Publisher, developed in partnership with GTxcel, users can produce electronic versions of print campaigns that include video or audio, and track readership through built-in analytics – key to competing in today’s mobile world.
In addition to the FreeFlow Core offerings, other new solutions on display in Xerox’s booth include:
- Xerox IntegratedPLUS Automated Color Management – provides automated, web-hosted color management control for one or multiple locations. The tool, which leverages the color expertise of Xerox partners, ensures predictable and accurate color throughout the production process.
- Xerox FreeFlow VI Suite Version 12 – allows for the design and assembly of complex jobs right at the printer. With these upgraded tools, users can create XML driven promotional jobs, incorporate barcodes, print directly from SAP applications, and generate hard copy output and PDF files for electronic distribution – all in one step.
Digital production power at PRINT 13
The benefits of automation will be visible in the applications produced by Xerox’s digital production products on display, including inkjet waterless and aqueous technology, color and black-and-white cut-sheet devices and wide format printer.
Graphic communicators can join the conversation about print’s relevance by using and following the Twitter hashtag #printwins.
Xerox’s booth No. 1202 is one of the largest digital printing exhibits at the show, taking place Sept. 8-12 in Chicago.